Reporting to the Creative Director, this role is for an open minded and eager to learn designer. We are looking for a maker and visual storyteller who can use design to bring ideas to life.
You will be part of the design team at Signal Noise – working collaboratively with more senior members to lead projects into uncharted creative territories and synthesize new outcomes. Projects vary widely. From short to mid and long term. From consumer - to business facing and from browser to print and experiential solutions. Our Designers morphs and stretch their skills to adapt to the medium, audience and business strategy – spanning a range of disciplines: data research, information design, UX and UI as well as illustration, animation and storytelling.
Your primary responsibility as a information designer will be to contribute to concepts, design strategies, and visual design artifacts on a project level.
Description of Role:
- Understand information design, UX and Visual Design as disciplines and work at the intersection of these practices
- Design user interface, layouts, brand identity, illustrations, iconography, presentation decks and storyboards
- Contributes to the creation and definition of flexible, coherent design systems and visual languages, prototyping and validating design solutions where appropriate
- Assists with briefs, idea conception, ensuring ideas are grounded in strategy and technology as well as defining a unique and cohesive user experience and visual language taking into consideration client existing brand guidelines
- Maintain the quality of design throughout all phases of the project and present attention to detail when creating assets, designs and presentations
- Be a team player and work collaboratively with other designers and/or members of other teams (strategy, technology, project management and client service) to ensure the project meets objectives and deadlines
- Be confident in taking an active part in client meetings where appropriate and articulate design decisions and rationale with clarity in verbal or written form.
- Have a proactive, positive can-do approach working independently if required, with support from senior team members and engage proactively with the team around them to receive feedback and support
- Engage in trainings, personal development and team activities
You must have:
- A digital design portfolio that can demonstrate some experience working in dataviz, UX, UI
- 2+ years agency or similar experience
- Good foundation in design fundamentals, methodologies and techniques
- Good command of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, XD)
- Interest in data, data visualisation, design
Good to have:
- Prototyping experience (Invision, Principal, Framer, Proto.io or similar)
- Basic motion design experience is a plus
- Takes constructive criticism with ease and grace
- Interest in emerging technology
- Bachelor’s degree in design or related industry expertise