Reporting to the Creative Director, this role is for an experienced digital designer that can work at the intersection of dataviz, visual design and user experience. We are looking for a digital maker and visual storyteller who can use design to bring ideas to life and data insights to fruition.
You will be part of the design team leadership at Signal Noise – working collaboratively with the Creative Director and other senior members to lead projects into uncharted creative territories and synthesize new outcomes. Projects vary widely. From short to mid and long term. From consumer - to business facing and from browser to print and experiential solutions. Our Designers morph and stretch their skills to adapt to the medium, audience and business strategy – spanning a range of disciplines: data research, information design, UX and UI as well as illustration, animation and storytelling.
Your primary responsibility will be to lead individual projects as a hands on digital and information designer, but you should also be interested in improving the output of the studio as a whole.
Description of Role:
- Lead individual projects from a user experience, visual design and art direction perspective, ensuring standards are met and the quality bar is kept high
- Understand Data Design as a multi-disciplinary practice and leverage data to enhance human experiences
- Be digital at heart – have a solid understanding of latest digital trends, and a mobile first approach when designing interfaces
- Hold high expectations and standards and be committed to excel – maintaining an open minded, cooperative and supportive mindset
- Research and strategic thinking to support new business development efforts
- Be a self-starter with high degree of initiative requiring minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task, handling multi projects at one time
- Guide and teach junior team members
- Help the Creative Director develop and maintain creative high standards across the studio in conjunction with other teams
- Help develop processes, boost culture and share knowledge with other team members
- Attend and support studio and community events and workshops
You must have:
- 5+ years industry experience as a visual or digital designer with some studio or agency experience
- A good knowledge of the design industry, with particular specialist understanding of dataviz and user interface design.
- A proven ability to produce cutting edge creative work, and a master-level attention for typography, layout and motion.
- Experience working with developers and in a cross-disciplinary environment, collaborating with other practitioners to deliver the best end result
- Some experience mapping data and encoding information
- Excellent command of Adobe Creative Suite (XD, Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, After Effects)
- Prototyping experience (Invision, Principal, Framer, Proto.io or similar)
- A passion for data, data visualisation, and visual communication
Ideally you’ll also:
- Have experience in a lead role, aligning strategy and execution
- Be comfortable talking to project stakeholders and clients
- Have some experience talking or writing about your work
- Has knowledge of visual, interactive and motion design trends, and is fluent in simple executions that make big statements
- Bachelor’s degree in design or similar industry expertise